WP1099 is designed to require as little input from you as possible. We know you have a business to run and the last thing on your mind is tax reporting.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the WP1099 plugin, and install it on your self-hosted WordPress site.
- The plugin will automatically list all of your vendors and affiliates from any of the compatible plugins that you have on your site who has met the minimum threshold for a 1099-MISC form. This lets you start to make sure that you have all of the vendor’s information before the end of the year. The sooner you get this information, the easier it is to verify and request corrected information if necessary.
- At the end of the year, click the Export button for each of the reports. The plugin will prompt you to download the CSV file it generates.
- If there were any one-off manual payments made during the year you will have an opportunity to add those payments in the spreadsheet before filing the 1099-MISC.
- Add your vendor’s information from their W9 to the CSV export file. Note we do not provide the ability to store this information on your website as it contains sensitive information like social security numbers.
- Send the CSV file to your CPA, or use any number of third party 1099 filing services to file the 1099-MISC forms for you.
- You will also need to make sure that your vendors or affiliates get their copies either electronically, or by regular mail.